Member ResourcesCustomer Choice
Customer Choice Program
Customer Choice is available to anyone who is interested. What are the benefits?
If your are interested in learning more about this program, please call a Customer Service Representative at 252-753-3128
If you don’t wish to change your existing payment method you don’t have to. You may continue to pay your account as you always have.
- An alternative to monthly billing.
- Customer Choice accounts will not receive a monthly statement.
- Available to new or existing members.
- Structure your payment schedule to meet your budget needs and lifestyle.
- No deposit fee – $56.75 will get you started.
- Not subject to a delinquency fee.
- View daily usage and keep up with your balance at pgemc.com.
- All charges for kilowatt-hour (energy) usage will be applied on a daily basis
- Flat monthly Basic Facility Charge, including a Rate Rider, and any other applicable charges such as Security Lights and REPS Rider will be prorated on a daily basis.
- You have complete control of your energy usage.
- Account must maintain a positive balance.
- A customer choice account will be subject to disconnect any time the account does not have a credit balance.
- In the event of disconnection, and prior to reconnection; payment must be made for any unpaid daily usage that may have accrued prior to disconnection; as well as payment to establish a minimum positive balance of $25.00.
- Customer Choice accounts are not eligible for time extensions, payment arrangements, or bank draft. Approved agencies pledges and/or payments are applied to your account when the pledge is made.
- Members may choose to be notified of low balances, daily balances, reconnection, and service interruption via phone, email and/or text. Account balances can also be checked by calling (252)643-5643 or visiting pgemc.com.
Payments can be made:
- During normal business hours at both the Farmville and Snow Hill offices.
- By credit card, debit card, e-check or cash.
- 24/7 at pgemc.com or by calling 252-643-5643
- Anywhere MoneyGram is available for example WalMart and CVS.
- If disconnection has occurred due to a negative balance, reconnection of service typically occurs within one hour once sufficient payment has been applied to the account.
- If a Customer Choice account has been disconnected more than fifteen days, please contact a Pitt & Greene Member Service Representative before making payment.